Man Builds Dog Train to Take Rescued Strays on Fun Adventures


dog train dog train1


Photo Credit: Facebook/Tiffany Johnson


Retiree Eugene Bostick, from Fort Worth, Texas, spends his days operating what has to be the funnest train around. The 80-year-old built a dog train to take rescued strays for fun rides around the neighborhood and through the woods.


dog train close dog train close


Eugene lives with his brother Corky on a dead-end street where many locals bring their unwanted dogs – and, leave them behind. Eugene felt bad for the dogs so he began adopting them and taking them for rides with his tractor. “We started feeding them, letting them in, taking them to the vet to get them spayed and neutered. We made a place for them to live,” he told Dodo.


“I seen this guy with a tractor who attached these carts to pull rocks. I thought, ‘Dang, that would do for a dog train.’ I’m a pretty good welder, so I took these plastic barrels with holes cut in them, and put wheels under them and tied them together,” Eugene added. “Whenever they hear me hooking the tractor up to it, man, they get so excited.”


“All of a sudden, a couple more dogs showed up. I said, ‘Oh, that’s not enough room’ – and that’s when I came up with THAT,” he explained.


Now his furry friends get to go for rides twice a week. “Whenever they hear me hooking the tractor up to it, man, they get so excited,” Eugene added.


dog train3 dog train3


Disqus
Comments :